Model Year Changes for the 2018 Jeep Wrangler
The All New Redesigned Next Generation 2018 Jeep Wrangler
The all-new Wrangler was unveiled at the Los Angeles Auto Show. The Wrangler is the flagship vehicle of the Jeep brand and it was announced that this year will be the first major generational change for the Wrangler in almost a decade. The Jeep Wrangler retains most of its iconic body features while enhancing on approach and departure angles and front and rear overhangs. The new Jeep Wrangler is slightly longer than previous generations but retains the same width and height.
All-new for the 2018 Model Year will be the introduction of a fuel efficient 2.0-liter turbocharged inline four-cylinder engine. The 3.6-liter Pentastar engine that Jeep owners have come to love is still offered as the standard powertrain option. Two transmissions will also be available, a standard 6-speed manual transmission, and an optional 8-speed automatic.
A lot of effort went into the design to enhance crawl ratios, arrow dynamics, and fuel efficiency. They also introduced over 75 available safety and security features.
Below is a list of some of the major changes featured in the 2018 Jeep Wrangler:
- Command-Trac 4×4 system with 2.72:1 crawl ratio standard on Sport and Sahara models
- Rock-Trac 4×4 system with a “4LO” ratio of 4:1 and Tru-Lok locking differentials standard on Rubicon models
- Skid plates and front and rear tow hooks
- All-new front fascia and available front and rear steel heavy-duty off-road winch-ready bumpers with removable end caps
- Industry-leading approach angle of 44 degrees, breakover angle of 27.8 degrees, departure angle of 37 degrees and ground clearance of 10.9 inches
- Aggressive available 17-inch off-road wheels; Rubicon models get 33-inch tires standard
- Up to 30 inches of water fording
- Up to 3,500-lb. towing capacity
- next-generation Dana axles
- new Selec-Trac full-time two-speed transfer case
- improved aerodynamics
- Convenient fold-down windshield for off-road purists
- More open-air freedom for the only true open-air 4×4 SUV with new easy-to-use Sky One-Touch powertop, two hardtops and premium soft top
- Dozens of different door, top and windshield combinations
- Lightweight, high-strength aluminum doors, hinges, hood, fenders, windshield frame, and magnesium swing gate help reduce weight and boost fuel economy
- All-new 2.0-liter turbocharged inline four-cylinder engine with efficient eTorque technology
- 6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine with Engine Stop-Start (ESS)
- Two transmission options: new eight-speed automatic or six-speed manual
- Fourth-generation Uconnect with the choice of 5.0, 7.0- or 8.4-inch touchscreens with pinch-and-zoom capability
- Apple CarPlay
- Android Auto
Packed with more than 75 available safety and security features including:
- Blind-spot Monitoring and Rear Cross Path detection
- ParkView rear backup camera with dynamic grid lines
- Electronic stability control (ESC) with electronic roll mitigation
- Four standard air bags
If you are interested in learning more about the available features of the all-new 2018 Jeep Wrangler, then schedule a vehicle demonstration today at Rairdon’s Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram of Kirkland. Our award winning customer service team can help you learn everything you want to know about the all-new redesigned 2018 Jeep Wrangler.